Electrohydraulics for Pitch Control
Technology and innovation for onshore and offshore wind mill power plants
The worldwide growing demand for clean and renewable energy sources constantly increases the general focus on Green Power.
Wind turbines, together with solar power plants, are nowadays the most developed solution where innovative technologies are put in place by major manufacturer to increase the efficiency and reliability of the systems also in critical environmental conditions like in northern regions or marine areas characterized by low temperatures or high humidity.
Atos electrohydraulic servoproportional control consists of:
a) Digital servoproportional valve with high performances integral digital electronics, featuring:
• Optional fieldbus communication CANopen, PROFIBUS DP, EtherCAT, POWERLINK
• High dynamic response and excellent spool positional accuracy and repeatability
• Reinforced execution to withstand vibrations and mechanical chocks (up to 50G on 3 axes)
• Tropicalized driver’s electronics to withstand very humid environments
• Extended ambient temperature range from -40°C to + 60°C
• Remote diagnostics functions
b) Hydraulic servocylinder with heavy duty construction, featuring:
• Rolled rod threads and high resilience materials suitable for low temperature up to -40°C
• Digital SSI integral position contact-less transducer to perform accurate position feedback and virtually infinite working life
• Low friction PTFE special seals, mineral fiber filled, to allow the best positioning control at high frequencies (over 5Hz) thanks to the reduced friction and the absence of stick slip phenomena
• Marine painting class C5-M to ISO 12944 to ensure the best corrosion protection
Atos electrohydraulic solutions are the preferred choice of several wind mill manufacturers worldwide, who appreciate its superior performances and reliability, results of years of R&D and successful field experiences.
For more detailed information look at www.atos.com.